Content widgets can be embedded into the following places in itslearning: a Course Dashboard, a Page, a Note, an Assignment, a Discussion Board, a Test and individual test questions.
Here are just some of the sites that offer embedded code:
- Study Stack
- Teacher Tube
- Google Forms
- Today's Meet
- Google Maps
There are many other sites that offer embed code.
For the purpose of this example, a Youtube video will be embedded in a Note in the Course Tree. You may embed a widget anywhere you see the Rich Content Editor Pictured Below.
- Go to the YouTube video or other site you would like to embed as a content widget. Below the video click on Share and then click on Embed. Copy the code in the box below Embed.
- Navigate to where you would like to add a widget.
- Click on Add.
- Click on Note.
- Give the Note a title, type in any directions needed into the textbox and then click Source.
- Paste the embed code below any text in the text box. Click Source again and then Save.
- Click the link to Show note. Your video should appear within the note.
This is great for blended or flipped learning, as it allows teachers to post a presentation of any kind (slide-based or video-based) for students to view at home , which then frees up time to actually practice the content in a hands-on fashion during class.
What do you think? Are there other sites you commonly use to embed content into your LMS? What are the benefits or drawbacks that you've found with the flipped class style of teaching?